Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Fifth Reflection

This time I am going to share my views about PowerPoint PRESENTATION to you all.
Okay, now let's see what is meant by PowerPoint presentation briefly. After that I'll explain the ways for creating an effective PowerPoint Presentation.

POWER POINT PRESENTATION


What is a PowerPoint presentation? 

The term 'PowerPoint Presentation' was coined when Microsoft introduced its software program, PowerPoint. PowerPoint is commonly used by presenters as a digital aid when presenting the particular topic to audience. PowerPoint is also the most used presentation software program. 

Now let us go to the main part that I've to discuss about. It is not other than the EFFECTIVE WAYS TO CREATE POWERPOINT PRESENTATION.


There are seven steps that I had discovered for making an effective PowerPoint presentation for teachers to enhance their knowledge as stated below:
1.) You should not choose backgrounds which are very colourful for your presentation. 
2.) You should try to avoid using clip arts or animated pictures. Anyhow, you can try real pictures that are related to that particular topic.
3.) You should not always start your presentation with notes. You can try other approach to attract the students' attention where you can use any images which will give students a brief idea on what you are going to teach in classroom.
4.) You should use the appropriate font styles where students should be able to read it. On the other hand, make sure that the font sizes are standard. For instance, you can use sizes from 20 to 25 in your presentation. 
5.) Make sure that you include the important facts only in your presentation. This is to prevent your presentation from being boring for the students. 
6.) You should never ever squeeze everything in only one slide as this will lead into clumsiness of your presentation slides. In order to prevent that kind of situation, you can try to elaborate the points accordingly in different slides. This will make sense. 
7.) You should also make it as local as possible. This means that you have to refer to Malaysian presentation styles of examples. This is to ease all kind of students to understand your presentation slides. 

They were the seven utmost important parts in making an effective PowerPoint presentation. As a future educator, this do helped me in enhancing my ideas on how I should make PowerPoint presentation as well as how to grab students' attentions too. 

And not forgetting the girl who had helped me in guiding to complete this fifth reflection, Sherenne Ann Thomas. I would like to thank her for the patience and kindness in helping me to brief everything what happened in Pedagogy in Education class last Monday. I were not able to attend the class due to my other project work. I also would like to thank Madam Ng for her kindness where she do let me to complete my fifth reflection although I did not attend the Monday's class. 

Thank you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment